Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Departing Magnums

Well things are wrapping up now. Last night Frank left (a bit early just before the medley relay, joining Jim Hallett in the hall of shame). One of my Australian mates (competittors who became friendly) said that he would substitute for Frank if possible, but that franlkly we should piss on him. So Frank just missed the big excitement (that I'm sure Chuck will relate later) that happened in front of thousands of our mates, Sheilas, and the international community. Bob and Sherry left last night too so the only swimmers left are Chuck (2 events) and Dan and I (with 1 event each.) Dan is predicting a 2:14 and I am entered at 2:41 in the 100 back, so my goal is to finish within that 27-second margin. Dan is performing at a very high level, but Chuck is still our best hope for a medal here. (Of course, Pat in Sweden is a shoo in.)
Posted by Tom (despite what it says as to who posted it.)