Sunday, April 20, 2008

Swim Meet Update

It is monday morning and everyone is swimming today, including the coach in the 50 meter freestyle. Relays are tomorrow and Chuck initialy drafted two South Africans to swim as Jim Hallett number one and two in the old fart free and medley relays. Richard from Bruce's water polo team said he would like to swim in their place on the freestyle and breaststroke legs on the B relays. It probably will get the B team disqualified if they do the customary badge check and I am told that if this happens, Jim Hallett will be permanently banned from FINA competition (....just kidding Jim, maybe, but your reputation has been permantently damaged, again.....You were supposed to be the life of the party here and your absence has been felt).

I have told by one of swimmers from Sweden, that there are 4200 swimmers representing 72 countries (down from the 7500 and 89 countries at Stanford).

And you have probably been thinking what about the meet results. Yes, there is a backlog, and I or someone else eventually will get around to it. The one thing I can say about water polo results is that it is not looking good for Bruce's Tri Valleyites 55+ team. The referees here are Australian and very biased, not fair at all. The calls have gone against Bruce's team and taken away goals....

1 comment:

Jim Hallett said...

I can't wait to see how I did--please send me the results in my native Afrikaner.