Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Next to last day

We are winding down, with only the 400 free left for Chuck.

Chuck will come by in a few minutes to give official results but in the back I got 17th and beat my qualifying time by about 10 seconds, so I am pleased to have hit 5 for 5 in qualifying times and tied Bob in the 50 free split on our relay (down to the nearest 100th of a second, of course I surely would have won if our timers simply had more precision, say down to a thousanth or 10 thousanth of a second. I will let Chuck tell about today's little catastophe (the filming of his 200 fly not coming out), the lesson to be learned in Sweden is that we need redundancy (2 cameras) because if something can go wrong it will, go wrong, and that we need some training in using other people's cameras.

So I will leave the official blog to Chuck.

P.S. we took the Beach Reporter photos with three views of Chuck, Dan, and me and our banner, the pool, and a Perth banner, taken by an Australian mate of ours who won a gold medal in the freestyle relay. (So I have a picture of me with a gold medal, which Chuck accused me of intending to pass it off as my own in classic Jim Hallett/MCC tradition.)

No comments: